When the opportunity to purchase a much neglected truck wash on land in Lavington New South Wales with close proximity to the Hume Highway came along, Darren Kirkpatrick could see the potential. As General Manager of Transport Wash Systems Australia, Darren knows a few things about automated heavy vehicle washing. Darren tapped into the engineering knowledge at TWS and after months of demolition, cleaning and restoration The Wash Inn was opened. See here for more info: https://transportwashsystems.
We decided to call this new style of wash the hybrid truck wash system as it represents a balanced combination automation with hand washing.
A Tammermatic Rainbow Ultima Vee Spray Automatic Truck Washing System was sourced from Finland, this system is the first from Tammermatic to be installed in Australia and the third from the manufacturer operating in this region.
This is the all new hybrid wash recipe we offer at The Wash Inn:
- The vehicle drives slowly through the chemical arch which sprays warm chemical onto the vehicle.
- As the vehicle proceeds forward two Centri Spinners turn on and wash the underside of the vehicle. (We can also offer our big boy underbody wash. Additional charges apply)
- The vehicle keeps moving forward giving the chemical time to work until the vehicle reaches the gantry’s red light and stops. The entire drive in process is guided by our staff.
- The typical recipe for line haul vehicles is a single pass of high volume water which includes 4 x Centri Spinners hitting the wheel and chassis rail area @ 300 psi to loosen grit and grime.<
- Next is the brush module that passes twice on the sides and rear of the trailers this process includes running a shampoo to put a glossy finish on the trailers.
- Before, after and while the machine is working our staff are busy brooming chassis rail, washing wheels, guards, mud flaps and anywhere the brushes cannot reach.
- All prime movers are hand washed by our staff.
- The wash process finishes with the vehicle driving through our rinse arch where we also apply a drying agent to minimise water spotting.
- The Wash Inn offers an additional “Big Boy” chassis wash. This system runs at 1200 L/pm but also at 300 psi. It’s all about flooding the chassis with water instead of high pressure for mud removal. The “Big Boy” is perfect for garbage truck operators, haulage operators and prime movers going over the pits.
The Wash Inn has flexible account options, including credit card payments available for customers ranging from solo operators through to large fleet owners(Sorry No Cash). We will work with you to ensure that our facility is able to meet your operational requirements. Our brand new team is on site and ready to assist in any way we can.
We are located at 10 Annette Court Lavington NSW – just take the Thurgoona exit on the Hume Highway.
Our Trading hours are:
- 12pm to 8pm Monday
- 10am to 10pm Tuesday to Friday
- 8am to 1pm Saturday
- Closed Sunday
Please contact us on 02 6025 9807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.